ACI Concrete Laboratory Testing Technician – Level 2
ACI Concrete Laboratory Testing Technician—Level 2 is an individual who has demonstrated the knowledge and ability to properly perform, record, and report the results of advanced laboratory procedures for aggregates and concrete.
ACI will grant certification only to those applicants who meet all of the following requirements:
Have at least one year (2000 hours) of approved work experience or a combination of work experience and education, AND
Hold current certification as an ACI Concrete Laboratory Testing Technician—Level 1, and
Obtain a passing grade on the ACI written examination, AND
Successfully complete the ACI performance examination.
- ACI 214R-11—Evaluation of Strength Test Results of Concrete*
- ACI 211.1-91—Selecting Proportions for Concrete*
- ASTM C192/C192M – 16a—Making and Curing Concrete Test Specimens in the Laboratory
[This standard also requires the knowledge and ability to perform ASTM C143/C143M (Slump), C173/C173M and C231/C213M (Air Content), C138/C138M (Unit Weight), and C1064/C1064M (Temperature).]
- ASTM C470/C470M – 15—Molds for Forming Concrete Test Cylinders Vertically*
- ASTM C496/C496M – 11—Splitting Tensile Strength of Cylindrical Concrete Specimens*
- ASTM C42/C42M – 16—Obtaining and Testing Drilled Cores and Sawed Beams of Concrete*
- ASTM C157/C157M – 08(2014)—Standard Test Method for Length Change of Hardened Hydraulic-Cement Mortar and Concrete